Herringbone wood flooring has been around for hundreds of years. It was mostly used in Palaces, Stately Homes, and by the rich all over the world. However, its popularity decreased for about twenty years between the 70s and 90 due to alternatives taking its place. But in the last few years it is coming back into prominence because of its traditional look and elegance.
At Kildare Carpets And Flooring, our Herringbone flooring is available in different types. So if you are thinking about installing it in your home or business, you have come to the right place. In this blog, we will highlight the different types of Herringbone and what each has to offer.
1. Solid Wood Herringbone Flooring
There is no doubt, Solid Wood Herringbone Flooring is the best in the Herringbone class. This type of flooring comes unfinished and is installed and finished to the customers requirements. Solid wood herringbone will stand out as a main decor piece in any home. It is a work of art. It will add more value to the home than it costs to install.
1. Each plank is a piece of art that will add value to your home.
2. They are easy to maintain and clean.
3. Customisation options are huge as you can finish to your requirements.
4. You can sand solid wood flooring and repaint as much as you like.
1. It’s the most expensive type of Herringbone, so it may not be suited to everyones budget.
2. It does not come with underfloor heating.
2. Engineered Wood Herringbone Flooring
Engineered Wood Herringbone Flooring is a perfect choice if your on a slightly lower budget as it provides the same beauty, and elegance as that of Solid Wood Herringbone. You can choose between a wide variety of finishes for your home.
1. You can sand and maintain it easily.
2. Has a wide variety of options available.
3. You can use it with underfloor heating.
1. It is still fairly expensive.
2. It is less artistic than natural wood flooring.
3. Laminate Wood Herringbone Flooring
Laminate flooring has become very popular over the last few years. More so, it is not as expensive as the other Herringbone flooring options. Laminate flooring is very easy to keep clean and maintain. There is a huge amount of options to choose from including 12mm herringbone laminate flooring.
1. Easily to clean and maintain.
2. They are very durable and hard to wear down.
3. Very affordable options for any budget.
4. They are compatible with underfloor heating.
1. You cannot sand and refinish laminate flooring.
Whatever type of Herringbone flooring you choose from ourselves at Kildare Carpets And Flooring, you will be pleased.